After several weeks of swooning, news reports are finally being filed about the gap between Senator Barack Obama's promises of a pure, soul-cleansing "new" politics and the calculated, deeply dishonest conduct of his actually-existing campaign. But it remains to be seen whether the latest ploy by the Obama camp--over allegations about the circulation of a photograph of Obama in ceremonial Somali dress--will be exposed by the press as the manipulative illusion that it is. ... ..... .. To a large degree, the campaign's strategists turned the primary and caucus race to their advantage when they deliberately, falsely, and successfully portrayed Clinton and her campaign as unscrupulous race-baiters--a campaign-within-the-campaign in which the worked-up flap over the Somali costume photograph is but the latest episode. While promoting Obama as a "post-racial" figure, his campaign has purposefully polluted the contest with a new strain of what historically has been the most toxic poison in American politics.More than any other maneuver, this one has brought Clinton into disrepute with important portions of the Democratic Party. A review of what actually happened shows that the charges that the Clintons played the "race card" were not simply false; they were deliberately manufactured by the Obama camp and trumpeted by a credulous and/or compliant press corps in order to strip away her once formidable majority among black voters and to outrage affluent, college-educated white liberals as well as college students. ... ..Race Man
by Sean Wilentz
How Barack Obama played the race card and blamed Hillary Clinton.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
OBAMA/MEDIA Love Fest over?
The media fluff fest on Mr. O. is ending. Dan Balz wrote yesterday that is was "time to question Obama, too." But the conversation that really needs to begin is what started here a while back, when everyone was piling on Clinton. Today Sean Wilentz goes at the heart of the Obama campaign's hypocrisy, which also just happens to be a weapon of race:
washingtonpost.com: Faces of the Fallen: Florida
Q: The Florida Politics Blog
The Buzz: Florida Politics | Tampabay.com - St. Petersburg Times
March On Politics
- ► 2012 (21)
- ► 2010 (56)
- ► 2009 (81)
- Tallahassee Running Out Of Money
- Sen. McCain May NOT Be A "natural-born citizen"
- OBAMA/MEDIA Love Fest over?
- Message From Congressman Tim Mahoney
- Young Voter Poll Information
- Another Democratic Victory: FL House 32
- DAMN Alert
- The Swiftboating of Obama Begins!
- Breaking: Massive power outages hit South Florida...
- McCain May Have Covered Up Abramoff Email to Prote...
- Texas GOP Urged to vote for Obama
- If the Race is Over, Why is Obama Attacking Hillar...
- Double Talk Express On Video
- Double Talk Express On Video
- John McCain and the Clinton Rules
- Florida GLBT Democratic Caucus Winter Conference
- Florida Blowback
- MSNBC still doesn't "get it"
- Change Is Coming....................
- The Delegate Mess
- Make Every Vote Count
- Letter from Patti Solis Doyle: Obama will Not Deba...
- Super Tuesday: Results
- I Could Not Have Said It Better Myself
- Today's Media Clinton Bashing
- Will Michelle Obama Support Clinton
- By the Numbers
- Clinton And Obama Tied?
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2007 (538)
...with web-based news readers. Click your choice below:
...with other readers:
Embed this content on your site
Embed with: SpringWidgets